Two out of three people in the United States are overweight or obese. Simple exercises can help you shred those unwanted pounds and add years to your life. As a result, you will feel better inside and out.
There are many benefits from daily exercise that can:
* Increase Energy Levels
* Strengthen heart and lungs
* Lower risk for Disease
* Lower blood pressure nad cholesterol levels
* Relieve stress
* Improve sleep
* Develop stronger muscles
* Help control your weight
Make Exercise a daily part of your life! Here are a few tips to get you started:
* Start slow. Don't over do it! Think about what types and the amount of exercise you can do now and build up from there.
* Take 5 minutes to warm up and stretch. Warming up will help increase the temperature in your body and your muscles so you will be ready for exercise. You can start off by walking in place. After you have warmed up, it's time to stretch. It's important to warm up first because stretching "cold" muscles can cause injury.
* Switch up your routine. Change your exercise routine frequently. Work different parts of your body and muscles groups.
* Wear comfortable clothing and proper shoes. Comfortable clothing will help to move more freely while exercising. Proper, supportive shoes are a must to avoid injuring yourself.
* Work out with friends. Invite a friend to work out with you to help keep you motivated.
* Water up. Drink 2 to 4 glasses of water for every hour of exercise to stay hydrated.
* Cool down. Take 3 to 5 minutes after exercising to slow your pace. Then finish with 5 minutes of stretching. This will help the body dispose of waste products and toxins generated during exercise and avoid causing stiffness and cramping the following day.
Check with your doctor first before starting any exercise program, Especially if you have a chronic health condition.